Sunday, September 26, 2010

More reasons to celebrate!

I'm tired.

Mr. Kerry and I have now finished up a very busy week, and we're ready for a break.

Early Monday morning, we drove to Columbus to put Mr. Kerry on a plane to Salt Lake City. Another sister was getting married!!! I wasn't able to go on this particular trip for several reasons. I had many things to accomplish and a short amount of time to do them.

Kerry arrived safe and sound and enjoyed both Monday and Tuesday evenings with most of his siblings. Once again, I've got pictures:

Lowell and Gayle - his mother's sister and b-i-l were able to attend.

Kerry and his brothers Kelly and Chris, and Chris's wife, Kristy.

His youngest sister, Harmony was married to Kevin Dexter. They actually met while on their missions in Finland. He married and had five children. His wife died a couple of years ago. Harmony and Kevin made connections again, sparks flew, the children fell in love with her, and now they're all married up by their former Mission President.

A fine little family...


Kerry and some of his siblings - bottom left to top: Kelly, Charm, Joy, Chris, Content and husband Larry (middle) and Mr. Kerry.

I'm really glad Mr. Kerry was able to go and be with his family for this event. As we were discussing it a few weeks ago, he was trying to decide whether he should go since we had just been there within the month. Should we go to the expense of flying him out there? I finally told him I'd rather see him go and be there for something wonderful like this than go there for their funerals. At some point, as we all age, that time will come. But, let's be with each other, enjoy each other, and love each other while we can.

I picked Kerry up on Wednesday evening, and we ate dinner in Columbus while a ferocious rain storm fell, the winds blew, and a tornado siren went off. While we ate, I updated him on the kids. I haven't really talked with Harmony lately. Jordan began taking classes this week at Columbus State, and Erik began his senior year at OSU.

Friday was absolutely the busiest day at the temple that I've ever seen. People were literally standing in line to get in. My goodness! I hardly saw Mr. Kerry at all, but I knew he was there. We drove down together! When we got home, I needed every spare moment I had to get ready for Saturday.

Several months ago, I had been asked to give an all-day seminar in a good-sized town north of here. I had done it there before on several occasions, but this one was expected to be quite full. And, it was.

I drove there on one of the prettiest fall days ever. People were already lined up at the door when I arrived. I think it went well. I stood on my feet for 6 1/2 hours, and I thought I was going to die. They took me to lunch, which was a nice gesture on their part. The restaurant was just a couple of blocks away, and because it was so pretty out, they all wanted to walk. Again, I thought I was going to die. My feet throbbed all the way home.

In the evening, I had the opportunity to go to the church for a delicious soup and bread and dessert night, just prior to hearing the women's broadcast from Salt Lake City. Even though I was very tired, I was so glad I went. Each one of the speakers said just what I needed to hear. We are very fortunate to be living now, and to hear the words of inspiration from a prophet.

Church was good. The speakers were good. Lunch was good. My nap was good. Life is good.

This month, we wish a happy birthday to:
Spenser - Jean's grandson - Oct 2
Katie - dau of Kerry's brother, Chris - Oct 8
JJ - OUR GRANDSON! - Oct 8

And a happy anniversary to:
Karen & Matthew - dau and s-i-l of Kerry's brother, Steve - Oct 15
Dave & Joan - son and d-i-l of sister, Jean - Oct 19
Orson & Shirley - Kerry's parents, who would have been married 66 years - Oct 30

No comments:

Post a Comment