Sunday, October 18, 2009

Ouch!

Oh, this is has not been a very good week.

It has been beautiful enough. I haven't seen the leaves this brilliant in quite awhile. Their colors still take my breath away, and I'll never get tired of looking at their beauty.

But, I hurt.

Out of nowhere, my entire left jaw began hurting. It hurt no matter what I did, no matter what position I was in. It kept me up through the night. I couldn't get into the dentist until Thursday, and even then I couldn't open it wide enough for him to look inside. It is a bit swollen when looking at it from the outside, but the dentist wondered if it was TMJ. He has referred me to an oral surgeon.

I told Kerry I had the jawbone of an ass. Remember Samson in the Old Testament? (Killed the Philistines with the jawbone of an ass...)

I made it through my Friday activities at the temple. Betty joined Julia Hoffman and me, and she seemed to have a wonderful day.

Saturday I was able to talk well enough to do a genealogy class in a neighboring town. I had to do it, for it had originally been scheduled last year when I was in the hospital. Thank goodness for Jordan - he went through my calendar and my email and contacted lots of people for me.

But Saturday evening, I did something to cause my back to go into a fury. Oh, my goodness! I don't ever remember it hurting like this. I could barely walk, and could barely talk. There was nothing I could do to find relief. This is what will lead me into the dreaded surgery I've been talking about.

I made it through church today, but afterward people were wondering why I was moving so slow when I came down from the organ. It was pretty apparent. I talked with a friend after church that had this same surgery several years ago, and she has never regretted having it. Part of her leg is numb from nerve damage, for she ended up waiting too long. I already have that nerve damage in my feet.

Oh, my.

Later this afternoon, I tried to take Eddie on a little walk. We were doing just fine until we started to go back into the house. His leash broke and snapped back to hit me in the face - right across my cheek and bridge of my nose.

I just want to go to bed and stay there.

But, Kerry and I are proud of Mr. Erik today. He accomplished his goal of finishing a full marathon (26.2 miles) in Columbus today in 3:38. He had wanted to go 3:30, but heck! I'd be glad to get finished at all. I'm telling you, I would end up in the hospital.
Thanks to Melissa for posting this on Facebook! She and Jordan and the boys, as well as Erik's friend Oscar, braved 38 degree weather to cheer him on.

Well, I'm going to try again this week. I want to feel better. I need to feel better. I hurt.

Love to y'all...
Miss P

No comments:

Post a Comment