Sunday, January 10, 2010

My gratitude to all...

Have you ever had a week that you are looking forward to and dreading all at the same time?

This will be my week.

This past week found me feeling me even stronger than I anticipated. I do wear down quite a bit easier than usual, but according to my doctor I'm right on track. A good friend took my to have my staples removed. I couldn't wait to get them out! But, that being the first time I'd been out since returning home from surgery, it was anticipated. An x-ray showed everything to be just right, and the doctor was pleased with what he saw.

But, that trip wore me out the rest of the day and most of the next.

Saturday, that same friend that accompanied me to the doctor - Julie Hoffman - called me and asked me what I was going to be doing at 1:30 pm. I had nothing planned. She told me she was coming to my house, and wanted to tell me why.

Her husband also works at the Post Office (downtown). The supervisor told him that a package had arrived for us and he wanted to bring it out personally. He called Julie, she called me, and out she came.

It was Peter's ashes.

She didn't want me to be alone when they were brought out.

It was a bit harder for me than I thought it would be. The supervisor was just as kind as anything. I signed the papers, watched him leave, and then couldn't stop looking at this little box on my floor. My son's body was in this little box.

Julie stayed with me through the afternoon, then my sister Jean and her husband arrived shortly before Kerry did. Kerry opened it up and found an even smaller box. All evening I kept walking past it and wondering just how everything all fits together.

I was able to make it to church today, though I had to rest all afternoon. It was so good to see my friends and feel their gentle hugs and support.

Now will be the week to welcome in family. In Kerry's family, we will be happy to greet David and Martha, Chris, Content, Joy and her fiance, Reed. Content will spend an additional week here in Ohio helping me out. Harmony will arrive on Thursday, and Jordan and Erik will be joining us, too. Countless others have expressed their desire to be here, too. How can I begin to thank them all for making the trip...

Peter's obituary ran in the newspaper, today. I have attached a copy of it, as well as posted the link for viewing it in the newspaper. I had to send a correction in to them to fix 2009 to 2010. It will also run on Wednesday.
http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com/article/20100110/OBITUARIES/1100327/1023


Please remember us in your prayers this week. We could use a few extra.

And, since I sent out the January birthdays and anniversaries last week, I was notified that I forgot one! That's exactly what I want to have happen...

Jan 27 - little Miss Vanessa - g-daughter of my sister, Betty

She gets a picture since I forgot her!

Love to all of you...
Miss P

No comments:

Post a Comment