Monday, August 16, 2010

Sticky

Yeah, it's been a sticky week! I have lived in either Ohio or Maryland all my life. Both are filled with humidity - and I've never, ever gotten used to it. We dart from air conditioner to air conditioner, takes lots of showers and never get dry, wash clothes that take forever to dry in the dryer and sometimes a couple of days to dry outside, deal with mold and mildew.

But oh, how beautiful our greenery is! The trees are thick and full and the forests are full of undergrowth, (an aggravating thing for pioneers and frontiersmen) and the flowers, fruits and vegetables have been bountiful. The price we pay for all of this is humidity.

But on this Monday morning, the temperature is 67, the humidity is low at 76%, the breeze is blowing, the sun is coming up ~ it's perfect!

This past week really got to me. I wasn't necessarily sick - I just didn't feel good. There were two events I really wanted to go to and I just couldn't do it. Kerry offered to drive me, but I just couldn't do it.

Betty and Kerry and I drove to Fern's on Tuesday for another genealogy day, and we had a few more successes! Sometimes it's more important to be sure what you have is correct rather than try to keep going back as far as you can.

Friday was one of the busiest days I've ever seen at the temple. My poor little temple workers were worn out at the end of the day! But, it's always a good tired...

Kerry and I really slept in on Saturday, but not before going to the Farmer's Market and a little church where used clothing is accepted and sold. We bring - but we also look around. It's always fill your bag for $2.

Then, we went to two socials. In the pouring rain, we went to another local church that always has the best food. They also had a car show, and we wondered how many would actually be there. The place was packed! We then went to our own church for another social. Again, we slept deep and hard that night.

I taught Relief Society for Natalie Williams on Sunday. I think the lesson went alright - Kerry's charts were really a hit. That evening he went to Stake Priesthood Meeting in Columbus.

Now begins another week. We will be going to Utah next week so Kerry can attend his 40th class reunion!!!! We will also go to Oregon and spend a few days with Miss Harmony. It will be good to see her again.

Kerry and I love our home - we love to hit the road - and we love coming home again. A couple of months ago, we made a trip to New York City on the spur of the moment. We had so much fun just walking the streets, seeing the sites and grazing.

We saw the Trump Tower - too big, too gaudy...


I was really impressed with this building. I would love to spent some time wandering around in there. All around me, people were dressed in such attire that you knew they were going in there for classes or rehearsals.

We grazed on gyros.

We saw lots of cars with lots of parking tickets.

We visited our temple.

Then we said goodbye and came home. It was just a fun adventure!

Last week, a few of you asked why the newspaper article I wrote was the last one. Several years ago, the News Journal formed a group of people called "Opinion Shapers". Thirteen people were chosen to write four columns during the coming year. Kerry was one of the first. I believe a couple of years later he was chosen again.

After awhile, they just kind of did away with the columns, then revved them up again this past year. Twelve others and me were chosen, and my fourth column was last week. I believe I included them each time in my newsletter to you.

Well, off I go...
Miss P

No comments:

Post a Comment