Sunday, July 26, 2009

Some Great News

I could use some good news - and I finally got some!

After all of the wearisome testing I have endured during the past few weeks, I do have some results. I DO NOT have lupus, lyme disease, or MS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bloodwork is good, Blood sugars may have to have some review, though. I was a gestational diabetic when I was pregnant with each one of the kids. I was worse with Jordan than with any of the rest - my blood sugar peaked at 467 (norm at that time was 80-120). Diabetes runs in my family, but it never returned after any of the pregnancies. Let's hope it has not returned now.

But, I do have some aggravating neuropathy in my feet and legs. I have to use a cane when I'm out of my house, for my feet are not able to sense changes in pavement, slopes, etc, At home, I use the wall to steady myself and I know where the furniture is if I need to fall.

I am undergoing both occupational and physical therapy during the week. It does leave me a bit weary afterwards, but so far I'm doing okay.

Monday of this week found Kerry and I driving to Greenwich to enjoy dinner with friends, Pat and Danni. We thoroughly enjoy ourselves when we go there. Pat works at a little pizza place that makes the best food! It's good to be with our friends.

Before that, Erik came up and spent the afternoon with me, leaving not too long after Kerry got home. He needed a couple of things to take with him on his trip to Washington, DC this coming week. It was good having him here, for he did a couple of things for me that scare me when I think of Kerry doing them. He cut some branches that were scraping the garage and brought a couple of big bags down from the attic.

Thursday was a fun evening. Melissa's parents are visiting from Arizona, so after they spent the day at the Football Hall of Fame in Canton, we joined them for dinner at a local Amish restaurant. We have always enjoyed her parents, and they treated us like royalty at their home in Arizona. It's funny - I've never been taller than anyone. But, I'm taller than Melissa and she's taller than her mom. Her dad is retired military, and Jordan said he was scared to death of him when he first met him. He just had that "look". But, Melissa said it was her little 4'11" mom that ruled the roost.

I understand.

I had a wonderful day at the temple on Friday. Julie Hoffman and Natalie Williams joined me, and it was a full day for all. My little temple workers are so good to work with. I just cherish them.

Saturday was filled with errands, like going to the local farmer's market in Bellville. I just love going there, and always return with tasty goodies! There's nothing like the bounty of summer to make one salivate.

Erik did check in today. He and his friend made it to Washington, DC last evening, and have already made the rounds in the District, seeing some of the grand buildings that are at the seat of our government. Kerry and I always loved going through the District - even going at night and casting big shadows up on the Washington Monument. I don't think you can do that now - but 32 years ago we could. Erik is planning on showing Oscar the Washington Temple, where Kerry and I were married.

Now begins a fun week for Kerry and me. He has the whole week off. I love these times. We have not planned on going anywhere, for we went through many years of only being able to go on vacation when the kids were out of school. Now, that's not part of our schedule, so we may go somewhere in the fall, just like we tried to do in the spring. But then again, we may not. (Note to the Pohl's - they changed around a bunch of the routes in Lexington, so as of a couple of days ago, Kerry is your mailman!)

I've included some goodies you might want to look at:
http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2009/07/100-things-your-kids-may-never-know-about/

This is from last year. I was not able to go to the award ceremony, due to being in the hospital:
http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com/article/20080528/LIFESTYLE/80528008/-1/NEWS17

And, for some strange reason, I've always been drawn to lighthouses. It's strange because I grew up in the middle of Ohio, where we don't have many lighthouses. This video took my breath away:
http://www.meridianmagazine.com/youtube/090715lighthouse.html

And, back in April, Kerry bought me this framed print, which hangs in our front hallway:

In the picture, there is a man standing at the base of the lighthouse with the waves crashing around him. The caption below the picture says: "Sometimes he calms the storm. Sometimes he lets the storm rage and calms his child."

A true statement.

Have a good week!

Miss P

No comments:

Post a Comment