Sunday, August 9, 2009

Packin' heat!

I'm hot! For the first time this summer, I'm hot. The last time we had temperatures over 90 degrees was the middle of June. And poor Mr. Eddie - he's covered with hair!

Physical therapy went well at the beginning of the week, but not so good during the middle of the week. Some days are better than others - just like everyone else. I'm still plagued with neuropathy, muscle weakness, imbalance, etc. But, I try not to complain. As I was coming home from therapy, I saw a man in a motorized wheelchair that had absolutely no legs - not even stumps where they would have been.

At least I have legs.

Kerry and I travelled to Columbus on Tuesday. I had an appointment with the surgeon who took care of me last year. Later, it was off to a huge cemetery just down the street. My nephew, Bryce, had asked me to take some photos of the tombstones of some of his ancestors. Of course!!! Kerry and I both love cemeteries - even if we don't know a single person in them. It was fascinating to see the dates on the stones - a husband/wife who died one day apart in 1918 - probably the flu epidemic. A baby that died when he was just two days old. The parents' feelings would be no different than ours today.

After dinner, Kerry went on to work at the temple while I went shopping at Gander Mountain. I told Kerry our ancestors would have laughed - I wandered down aisles for "bass fishing" and "trout fishing" and "walleye fishing", etc. The same types of aisles existed for hunting, etc.

My ancestors would have grabbed a pole, a hook, some bait and said, "Let's go!"

I can also imagine their delight in our fabric stores with all of the different cloths, needles, etc. OR in a hardware store...

I'm telling you, we take a lot for granted.

After I finished at the temple on Friday, I had an appointment with my neurologist. He seems to be a good doctor who is determined to find the root of these physical ailments.

That was followed by a lovely bridal shower for Miss April Graves, who is marrying Joseph Clark this Friday. Imagine that! Two of my former seminary students! I am SO happy for them - AND for their parents!

Saturday found me in a class that began at 7:00 am until 7:30 pm for my CCW. I won't go into detail here, but you can google it and find out more about it.

This will be a week of weddings - April and Joe will be at the temple on Friday, and the very next day will be the wedding of Jean's grandson, Cory.

Marriage is good. I can't imagine my life without Mr. Kerry. He makes me laugh, he holds me, he cries when I cry, etc. He is the best person I've ever known. At my class yesterday, they teased me because my face lit up every time I mentioned his name.

I guess the question is...do I make his face light up? Kerry...send me an email and let me know!

Love to y'all.......
Miss P

No comments:

Post a Comment