Sunday, August 16, 2009

Wedded Bliss!

Wow! I haven't had a week like this one in a long time.

Physical therapy still keeps me going. I dislike the things they make me do, but I'm willing to do them if it means my body and its functions may improve. Sometimes you gotta do what you don't wanna do...

We had Relief Society at Sherry Parr's on Tuesday evening. It was such a nice evening. We all took something and ate outside on her patio overlooking the woods. It was unhurried. It was beautiful. It was good.

I had all kinds of errands to do on Thursday morning, followed by something that took my breath away. I did my jobs, dropped Mr.Eddie off at the spa, and joined a group of friends that get together and work with various forms of fiber. They knit. They crochet. They spin. They particularly wanted to know if I was coming that day and kept calling me. I told them I was on my way.

A few moments after I arrived, they presented me with something that nearly all of them had a part in making. I read a letter first, as it described their gift to me. It was a prayer shawl with symbolic colors and patterns running through it. The colors and stitches represented different things to help me remember how loved I am.

I am not usually at a loss for words. Just ask my kids. I don't usually cry or express emotion in public. That comes from being a pianist. If I cried, I wouldn't be able to see the music. But this time was different. As I wrap myself in this beautiful fabric, I will never forget the hands that lovingly pieced it together just for me. They have known of my struggles physically and the emotional struggles from extended family members. I will include a picture of it next week, for there are many yet to be included in today's missive.

I arrived at the temple on Friday happy to be part of Joseph Clark and April Graves' wedding. I warned my temple workers that they were both over six feet tall. They assured me they would take good care of them and the invited guests.

Weddings in the temple are very simple and meaningful. Brother Call, the man who married them, gave some wonderful words of counsel, then asked them to come to the altar. This beautiful couple was then married for time and eternity - and the tears flowed from them and from the friends and family in attendance.

The reception that evening was delightful. April is not gaudy in any manner, so things were kept simple. It was one of the most beautiful evenings ever.
One of the joys I felt was being in the temple with so many of the young people I have taught in my years in the church - both in Young Women's and in seminary. I felt it was payday!

I slept in Saturday morning, drove to the Farmer's Market in Bellville, and prepared myself for yet another wedding - that of Jean's grandson, Cory. (In the paper last week, they listed the marriage licenses applied for. They typed his name as Cry. I'll bet everyone was thinking he must have been a colicky baby!)

It, too, was a beautiful wedding. It took place in the only church in town with no air conditioning. The ceremony was simple and the pastor did a wonderful job. It was followed by a lovely reception at the Eastbrook Center here in town - a place I had never been to before. I've enclosed some pictures:
Jolene and Cory Roth - the happy bride and groom!

Crystall and Rusty - Cory's brother and his girlfriend.
Jim and Fern - my sister and her husband. She was in the hospital again this week and was not doing her best. But, at least she was able to come!
Keri and Steve - Jean's son and d-i-l. He is Dave's brother. Dave is Cory's dad.
This is Keri - Steve's wife. I just thought it was a good picture of her!
Earl - Jean's husband. We've always said, "If you don't like Earl, what's wrong with YOU!"
Pete - Betty's husband. He is a good man that has always provided well for his family.
Pat, Patty and Barb - Jean and Earl's good friends and my internet buds.
Mr. Kerry and me!
And, of course, the SISTERHOOD! Fern, Jean, Betty, Peggy!

Till next week!
Miss P

No comments:

Post a Comment