Sunday, March 14, 2010

Cardinals ahead 5-4

I love the coming forth of birds during this time of year. We have no snow on the ground now, but when we did, I would find myself in utter amazement at seeing the brightness of a cardinal against the snow. When I was upstairs getting dressed, I would see a brilliant flash of red out of the corner of my eye. As I would gently part the curtain, I would see this beautiful cardinal on a limb just a few feet away from me.

Time would stand still.

So far, there have been more cardinals than other birds in my yard - except for the stupid crows.

I didn't write last week. I just didn't have anything to say. Imagine that!

Mr. Kerry wasn't able to go to church last week. On Saturday evening, he was starting to get a head cold. Sunday morning, he decided he just didn't feel like going, and that he shouldn't risk giving it to anyone else. He also missed work for the next two days. In the past, it was all I could do to get him to call in sick. Even though he's just 21 DAYS FROM RETIREMENT, he still feels the need to be there with a good work record.

Mr. Eddie was mad at me this week. It was time for his yearly tune-up, so I dragged him over to the vet. He was pronounced in good health, even though he had gained 3 lbs. Who cares? We all gained at least 3 lbs. this winter! But, it's taken a bit more seriously when one usually weighs only 8 lbs.

He got his shots, came home, and immediately parked himself under an upstairs bed. He stayed there for two days. He just did not feel good. At one point, I went up, knelt down, and crawled under the bed to make sure he was still alive. He was. He just had no kick. Kerry cradled him in his arms and carried him outside to do his business.

By the third day, it was time for him to go to the spa. We were immensely tired of his toenails being so long. So, he was mad at me again. I don't care. He's just a dog. And...he smelled better.

Today was a wonderful day at church. It was a day to bid farewell to young Joseph Kennedy as he departs on his mission to the Arizona Tempe Mission. He was just a pup when they moved here - just three years old. These young people just keep getting older. I know his parents are really proud of him. And, he'll be a fine missionary - just like they were.

We had a wonderful talk with little Baby Angel last week. She turned four years old earlier this month, and she called to thank us for her birthday presents.

We gave her several items, but the most important was the above doll. When Miss Harmony was just a young girl, many of us in Relief Society made dolls for our little girls. This is the one I made for Harmony. She played with it, pulled out some of the hair, and put her own clothes on it.

I found the doll a few months ago. Waunita Wharton repaired it for me, adjusted the clothes to fit a little better, and I sent it off. Angel's favorite color is yellow, and when she saw the hair she just exploded!

It's fun talking with her. She talks very well. Ben is not quite two, so he doesn't talk on the phone very well, but we can hear him grinning on the other end.

For those that have been asking about Mr. Jordan, he hasn't had any more episodes of tachycardia, and is awaiting the date for his heart catheterization. Thank you all for caring so much about my little family.

This week, I will be preparing for my annual pilgrimage to Bucyrus to teach genealogy classes. I can't remember if this is the 14th or 15th year I've been doing it, but for some reason they keep asking me back. And, I'm happy to do it. This year, I'm happy to be able to do it. Mr. Kerry will be going with me to carry my equipment. He LOVES spending time in the libraries I go to.

Last time I wrote, I inadvertently left two people off my birthday list:
Steve - Kerry's brother - March 31
Brennan - son of Kerry's brother, Kelly - March 31

I don't know how I forgot them, for they're written right on my calendar! =;>)

Springtime will arrive this week - at least by the calendar. It's much anticipated this year, for it's been a rough winter everywhere. Enjoy your week - no matter the weather...

Love to y'all...
Miss P

No comments:

Post a Comment