Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring has sprung!

Oh, my goodness! It just feels so good!!! I love the feeling of the sun warming my shoulders as Mr. Eddie and I take our walks. Sometimes I'm up walking him just as night is ending and right before morning has begun. It's a tender time of day - the earth is just waking up around me while it's going to sleep on the other side of the world. This morning, the tree frogs were still singing their nighttime song, but they stopped just as soon as a mourning dove gave her first coo. Soon, turkeys began to gobble and a few other birds joined in.

So tender.

This week was an easy week - and also one that I looked forward to. The temple opened up this week after being closed for a couple of weeks. This happens twice a year to work on maintenance. Because of some break-ins that have happened during the evenings, they have had some of the men who work that shift out patrolling the parking lot. Now, there are security cameras being installed.

And because it was our first week being opened, we were extremely busy. Matt Breedlove was married on Friday, and it was good to see Michael Abbott there in attendance. I love seeing the young people I have known through the years as they come to the temple for various reasons - to learn, to pray, to receive inspiration, to make covenants with God, and to marry. I have great hope and faith in our youth - I have worked with them and see the things that are important in their lives.

Saturday, I went shopping. I don't know why. I just never go out to the mall or spend a day engaged in shopping. But, I did. It will probably be awhile before I do again. I just don't enjoy being out there and seeing all of the things that are just really not needed. Every now and then I may drop into Kohl's, but even that is rare.

Church was good today, though there may be quite a few on spring break. Many people have drawn out their colorful spring clothing and abandoned their winter ones. We could still get a bit of snow, but I don't think it would last long. The ground has begun to warm up and bulbs are peeping through.

Tomorrow begins my 15th year teaching genealogy classes in Bucyrus. I can't believe they have sponsored me for that long! Some of the people have never missed a one of my classes. And, there's always a new crop that is there to begin their research. I believe with the NBC show on Friday nights, "Who Do You Think You Are?", that a new crop of people has surely begun to get interested. The ancestry.com web site has been very slow lately, due to the high amount of traffic.

I enjoyed talking with both Jordan and Erik this week. Erik seemed relieved to have a bit of spring break this week. He has worked hard in school, and should be finished by next spring. He will be the first in our family to complete college. Jordan sounded really good, as well. I can hardly wait to see the grandboys again. We are all gathering for Easter.

I haven't talked with Harmony. One night last week, I tried to call her on my cell phone, but I had an old number. When I got home, she had left me a message. We were both thinking of each other at the same time.

As for Mr. Kerry - he is down to less than two weeks!!!!! He has a few aches and pains. As he was going downstairs last night, he groaned a bit. I asked him if he was alright. He said, "There comes a time when you just can't do it anymore. I just can't do it anymore."

He's done. He even received a retirement card in the mail this week! Thank you, Miss Evelyn.

Have a wonderful week!

Love,
Miss P

No comments:

Post a Comment