Wednesday, March 3, 2010

In like a lion...

Snow. That's all I can say. Snow.

I was all ready to go to the temple this week, but when I went out to walk Mr. Eddie, I couldn't even find the road. It wasn't there! Once again, the snow was keeping me at home. I called the temple and made the necessary arrangements.

Each day or night has brought us just a bit more. But, I am so grateful that we have not lost power. Some of my genealogy friends in the northeast have truly been hammered this year. Plus, who am I to whine? There are so many that are truly suffering throughout the world due to earthquakes, tsunami threats, disease, etc. I called Harmony and told her not to get swept away on the Oregon coast. Even the cows go to higher ground.

And, speaking of earthquakes - we had two here in Ohio this week! Oh, they were just itty-bitty ones, but they were still called earthquakes. In Ohio!

So, Kerry and I stay hunkered in the house. We've always said that even if we were housebound for a long, long time, we would never run out of things to do. We always have projects we are working on. Always.

We are certainly offering prayers in behalf of Vaughn Mullet - a former member of our ward. While on a business trip, he became quite ill on the last day. He and his wife, Nancy, were able to get back home to Atlanta, where he went right on into the hospital. He had double bacteria pneumonia, blood clots in his lungs, and the possibility of H1N1 virus (which has now been confirmed as positive). He is being sedated, but does respond a bit when family is there. Nancy is now sick at home, and daughter Jen is sick (bronchitis). I feel so bad for them. We now hear he is just a bit better.

Both Vaughn and Nancy were always asking me about Peter. When Peter had his head-on collision 12 years ago, Vaughn was there practically around the clock with us.

Good people. Good, good people.

Well, we will see what this week brings. Perhaps it will be a bit milder. The temple is closed for a couple of weeks for maintenance, so I may start some things that need to get done. I am just feeling so much better, but I still have to be careful. I don't begin physical therapy until the end of this month - and every now and then I can tell when I've done too much. I'm listening to my body. I don't want a repeat...

This month, we wish a happy birthday to:
Baby Angel ~ she's 4 years old!!! ~ Mar 1
Keri ~ Jean's d-i-l ~ Mar 9
Jeanie-girl ~ my sister ~ Mar 11
Martha ~ md. to Kerry's brother, David ~ Mar 12
Emma ~ Betty's granddaughter ~ Mar 12
Joan ~ Jean's d-i-l ~ Mar 18
Brad ~ son of Kerry's brother, Steve ~ Mar 21
Becca ~ dau of Kerry's brother, David ~ Mar 25
Rachael ~ dau of Kerry's brother, David ~ Mar 26
Alberto ~ s-i-l of Kerry's sister, Content ~ Mar 26
Christie ~ Betty's d-i-l ~ Mar 30

And a happy anniversary to:
MerryNoelle and Alberto ~ dau and s-i-l of Kerry's sister, Content ~ Mar 12

And a fond remembrance of:
Chester ~ my dad, who died 24 Mar 2002 at the age of almost 90 (2 months short!)

No comments:

Post a Comment